Wednesday, December 21, 2011

And I wished for teeth? Somebody shoot me.

I had meant to update this space last week but I had a cold and Henry is still teething. From what I have been reading on the internet (more efficient than the NHS) teething technically doesn't last this long and really, I just have a really grumpy baby. However, if you read the forums on the internet, many other mothers (and fathers!) have run into the same shit that we are going through.

Basically, the teeth are there, sort of. You can see them under the gums and you can feel them poking out but their physical presence is as mystical as Father Fucking Christmas. Sorry, I cursed. I'm really tired.

In three weeks we have run out of Calpol and had to go get some more. In three weeks Henry has yet to go through a night without waking at least 4 times. Sometimes he flat out refuses to go to bed. Have I mentioned that we are tired?

You know, I always told Andy that I only wanted one kid. He used to go on and on about having a "spare". After the last three weeks he has come over to my side.

Seriously, teething is killing us.

The only reason Henry has remained in this world so far is because he's so fucking cute. Because my brain can't think of anything more (have I mentioned that I'm tired?), here are some pictures.

A first thing in the morning shot.  Henry has bed head which you can't see but nails in the cuteness thing.

He is a very smiley baby between all the whining and not sleeping.

That's all the teeth we got folks.  There, but so not there.  And no, he's not wearing contacts.  Picnik spruced up his peepers.

"To throw on the floor or not to throw on the floor.  That is the question."

3 comments:

  1. You're right. He has got the cute thing down. Sorry about the teeth. Hopefully he will get his act together and start letting you sleep again. Maybe it will be his Christmas present to you both.

    BH

    ReplyDelete
  2. BH: After waking up last night at 3:30 AM and refusing to fall asleep until noon today...we have teeth. Thank god. I'm starting to hear his screaming in my ear even when he's asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!!!! Teeth!!!! Hopefully his mood will improve. The phantom crying lasts for awhile, sorry to say.

    BH

    ReplyDelete